Welcome to my photography website!
I was born in NW Montana, about 20 miles from Glacier National Park. I've lived in Kentucky, Washington State, Louisiana, and currently SE Texas (Houston area).
Photography has been a serious hobby for me since I was in high school. I inherited my love of photography from my father, who in his time used a Mamiya twin lens camera to create stunning black & white photos of my home state of Montana. My first digital camera was a 2MP camera purchased back in 1999. Since then, I have never looked back to film.
I am a Getty Image Contributor and contribute to a monthly photography column on the National Parks Traveler website ( http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com
). I am also the Staff Photographer for the Merchant Prince, a vendor at the Texas Renaissance Festival ( http://www.thekingsfeast.com
). I belong to the Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and the American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP). In addition to being a Landscape photographer, I photograph weddings, groups and family sessions, and a number of events (Texas Renaissance Festival, the opening of my day job's field office in southeast Texas, and several dance troupes including the Gypsy Dance Theatre).
Please have a look around this site. The menu bar selections at the top of the page will take you to:
* My photo galleries. I've traveled to a number of locations in the United States and abroad, and these galleries contain the best I have to offer from my travels. Most of these galleries you see contain images for sale with a wide variety of sizes and print mediums from which to choose. Some of the galleries, though, are strictly to show you the type and quality of images of which I am capable of producing (groups, weddings, events, portraiture).
* My photography blog, filled with some photography talk (very non-technical), some travelogues, some "how-to", some opinions, a little bit of this and that, and of course, *lots* of photos;
* My bookstore, where I've created useful journals, weekly planners, and coffee-table photo books using my photographs;
* My Zazzle.com storefront where I sell calendars, water bottles, and other items using selected images from my galleries; and
* My Facebook Photography Page, where - if you really *like* me, you can go and "Like" me (grin).
If you are in my area (Houston / SE Texas) and would like to discuss a wedding, event, or portrait work, I do have price packages for these items. Just click on the "Email" button on the menu bar to contact me for a project or to just say "hello".
Feel free to ask me about the myriad choices in photo sizes and mediums on this site. I have personally ordered each of these mediums (metal, thinwrap, Giclee, luster, glossy, and metallic papers) and can tell you more about them. I use Bay Photo as my print company and their work is top-notch. I can attest to the quality of the photos ordered, as well as the various merchandise (like coffee mugs).
Thanks for the visit! I hope to hear from you!